Caterpillar 320DL: review for used machine
Caterpillar 320DL hydraulic excavator: purpose, description, characteristics. Caterpillar 320DL crawler excavator is not currently in production. This machine was produced only 7 years (from 2006 to 2013) and is now very popular among used vehicles. This universal excavator was designed to perform a wide range of tasks in construction and other areas. Application The purpose of the excavator is earthmoving. It is used for digging holes, ditches, trenches, laying engineering communications. Together with a bulldozer knife, the device can be used for planning territories, moving bulk cargo, forming embankments and dumps. In addition to standard equipment, you can install engineering tools on the CAT 320DL. Together with a hydraulic hammer, scissors and other mechanisms, the machine is used in construction when dismantling building structures or destroying concrete structures. Working parameters The excavator has received a margin of safety, traditional for the Caterpillar brand. During assembly, the parts are checked and monitored so that the machine fully demonstrates its potential and fulfills the declared service life without serious failures. Power unit The machine is equipped with an in-line six-cylinder diesel engine of Caterpillar's own design. It is equipped with a liquid cooling system, turbocharging and an intermediate heat exchanger. Fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber. The optimal geometry of the combustion chamber and the compression ratio of 16.5: 1 allow the use of lower quality fuel, and the completeness of combustion of the combustible mixture ensures high tractive characteristics of the engine. Hydraulic system The pressure in the CAT 320DL hydraulic system is created by two oil pumps, which together produce 428 liters of working fluid per minute.
• The ultimate pressure that is supplied to the executive earthmoving mechanisms is 35 MPa.
• However, directional spool valves and fuses limit the head supplied to the travel circuit and platform swing.
• In the first case, the pressure is 34.3 MPa, in the second - 25 MPa. Chassis
• The turntable with earthmoving equipment is fixed on a crawler chassis, which is driven by positive displacement motors. They provide vehicle travel speeds ranging from 0 to 5.5 km / h.
• Tracks are supported by rollers, drive and idler gears.
• The turntable is hinged with a large contact surface, which facilitates the transfer of more torque.
• The chassis frame is made with increased rigidity to exclude elastic deformation and swaying equipment. Strength is needed to ensure stable performance in harsh environments. In addition, the installed shock absorbers effectively dampen dynamic vibrations. Layout The cab, power train and earthmoving equipment are fixed to the turntable. The engine is located at the rear of the operator for a good view of the working area. Earth-moving equipment is installed to the right of the cab. The slewing platform is equipped with brackets for hanging ballast weights, which ensure the stability of the machine when working at extreme distances. Cabin The manufacturer pays much attention to the arrangement of the operator's workplace. Traditionally, it offers two options for equipping the cab - "Comfort" and "Deluxe". Both designs are equipped with a pre-installed climate control system and a comfortable, adjustable seat mounted on a damping cushion. For the operator's convenience, the cab provides plenty of storage space for personal belongings. They can be placed behind and under the seat, in overhead recesses and on control panels. In addition, there is a holder for documents, a cup holder, a bottle holder, a clothes hook. Dimensions The manufacturer tried to create a compact but energy-intensive machine. The machine has a small turning radius, but a long working distance. The radius of the work performed by the excavator is 10680 mm, the maximum digging depth is 7580 mm, and the loading depth is 7020 mm. Equipment A bucket with a volume of 1.19 m³ is installed on the machine. It is mounted on a standard stick 2.9 m long and a boom with a reach of 5.7 m. In addition, the manufacturer offers earthmoving equipment for difficult operating conditions. It is represented by a shortened 2.5 m stick and a reinforced boom. In addition, the excavator can be aggregated with other attachments purchased separately:
• adapter for quick attachment of working mechanisms (Quick Coupler);
• drill (Earth Auger);
• hydraulic shears;
• hydraulic hammer;
• a leveling bucket;
• frontal blade. Modifications On the base chassis, the company produces various modifications designed to work in certain conditions. All performances are discussed with a potential customer so that the machine can efficiently perform the assigned task. The manufacturer produces excavators with a different engine, reinforced earth-moving equipment and additional attachments. Features of operation The CAT 320DL is designed for use over a wide temperature range. It is used from -50 to +50 ° C, which makes it possible to operate the device at any time of the year. The electronic Product Link system is installed on the machine. It monitors the position of the machine, the technical condition of its elements, the duration of the shift. In addition, in conjunction with the Connect LINK remote communication, data transmission to a stationary control point is possible. Positive and negative sides American technology is valued for its reliability and durability. Let's list the main advantages of this model.
• Ability to work in various climatic conditions.
• Easy to maintain. The design of the machine provides for routine maintenance from ground level.
• Work in confined areas. The small turning radius allows the CAT 320DL to be used in tight spaces.
• Economical consumption of oil and fuel. Equipping your excavator with Product Link increases productivity. The operator from the control point can control the machines in real time, correctly allocating the resources of the equipment. Among the disadvantages of an excavator is its high price. Even used models can be more expensive than competitors' machines. In addition, the lack of genuine parts complicates repairs, forcing owners to wait for new parts to arrive. Price, analogues It will not work to buy a new CAT 320DL: the production of the model ended in 2013. Models of the 320 and 320GC series are available to customers. Their cost is approximately 200 thousand dollars. According to the operating parameters, the closest analogue of the model is the Hitachi ZX 200. In the transport fleet of the construction company, the CAT 320DL stands out from other equipment. It is a versatile excavator capable of tackling a serious volume of tasks due to the addition of interchangeable grab buckets, backhoe, hydraulic hammer and other attachments.